MSc Sustainable Business Strategy
Sustainable development course
The aim of the MSc® Sustainable Business Strategy programme is to give students the strategic, managerial and behavioural skills they will need to oversee environmental (CSR) and digital transformations in businesses and organisations. It is designed to allow students to acquire several key skills: critical thinking on CSR developments and strategies; solid knowledge of financing and strategic management; an understanding of industries and of corporate organisation and governance; leadership; a good command of assessment and steering tools; and techniques for creating and drafting communication media.
Accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles and internationally recognised 5-year degree by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.Apply now
Recognised 5-year degree by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research
- A programme 100% taught in English.
- Smaller class sizes: 25 students.
- A qualification for developing excellent professional skills through learning in project mode, prioritising experience in the field and solving actual problems.
- Top-level professor-researchers, taken from EM Normandie and internationally renowned institutions.
- A unique course compared with similar programmes: the only course that places a central focus on strategic vision.
- Two essential and complementary pillars: organisational transformation and responsibility.
- CGE Label Degree approved by France’s Ministry of Higher Education and Research (Master’s level).
The sustainable business strategy Master of Science programme
- Consulting Skills
- Sustainability as a business
- Impact investing and social entrepreneurship
- Corporate governance and business ethics
- Global strategy and sustainable supply chains
- Resarch methods
- Digitalisation and corporate finance
- Cases in ethical and sustainable development
- Change management and organisational transormation
- Business analytics for sustainability
- Responsible leadership
- Creativity and social innovation
- Digital transformation and sustainability
- Business models and performance
- Leading in multicultural environments
- Digital disruption and industry 4.0
- Critical issues in management
- Learning expedition 1: Impact business models
- Learning expedition 2: Leading change
- Career Path
- 2 Learning Expeditions
- Internship: 4 to 6 months
- Professional thesis
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a major issue for businesses. The industries involved in the CSR process are developing rapidly, under pressure from changes to regulations, social norms and the expectations of investors and clients. We therefore created a programme that delivers the strategic, managerial and behavioural skills required to oversee this strategic transformation and to accomplish environmental (CSR) and technological transitions.
- Students who hold a four-year bachelor degree or equivalent will join the 1-year MSc.
- Students who hold a three-year bachelor degree or equivalent will join the 2-year MSc.
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype. This interview helps clarify the applicants profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate’s seat in the programme and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
Admission sessions throughout the year depending on available places
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Diploma or student certificate for the current year
- High school transcripts or transcripts for the two years following the Baccalaureate
- Language level certificate according to profile
Career opportunities after the Sustainable Business Strategy Master of Science
General information regarding the employment market:
Over the past few years, CSR has become a tool for management, communication and development in businesses. Companies no longer focus solely on their profits: they are adopting responsible behaviour that takes account of the impact of their business on the environment, on employees and on all stakeholders involved.
The result is that industries devoted to CSR are booming, with heavy demand for junior profiles to fill CSR Manager, Consultant or Project Manager roles.
Example of positions:
- Junior Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Developer
- Project Manager
- Strategic Analyst
- Social Auditor
- Supply Chain Manager
- CSR Manager
- Strategic Development Manager
- Sustainable Development Manager
Application fees: €50
This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent).
- First-year tuition fees: €10,000
- Second-year tuition fees – MSc® Sustainable Business Strategy: €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.
International payment methods
We are a partner of the Flywire platform. This online tool facilitates the procedures of international students by offering the following services:
- Online tracking of transfers
- Payment in the national currency, which reduces costs
- Choice of many payment methods