MSc Banking, Finance and Fintech
About the Fintech course
In addition to giving students a solid skill set in banking and finance, the Master of Science Banking, Finance and FinTech develops real FinTech (financial technology) expertise.
Oxford* (Only eligible for the MSc degree)
Accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles (CGE).
- 100% English-taught programme
- Course near London: the world’s leading financial centre and global FinTech capital
- Preparing students for an industry with growing need from companies and startups working with remote consultants, strategic analysts, web business developers, project manager roles and more!
- Accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles (CGE).
- Business Analytics Applying “R”
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Consumer, Commercial and Investment Banking
- Sustainable Finance
- Accounting, Corporate Finance and Investment Decisions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Fintech and Digital Banking
- Entrepreneurship, Applied to Financial Services
- Python for finance
- Banking Business Context: Great Depression to Great Recession
- Consulting Project 1: Fintech
- Financial Instruments (Derivatives, Fixed Income Investments)
- Asset Management and Wealth Management
- Banking Regulations
- Tax and Legal Aspects in Banking
- Audit and Risk Management
- Cyber and Data Security
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Principles for Responsable Banking
- Project Management in Technology
- Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Banking Business Context: Platform Economy, Fintech Revolution and Beyond
- Consulting Project 2: Banking
- Professional Meetings Bank / Fintechs in London
- 2 Consulting Projects: one with a bank and the other with a Fintech
- 4-to-6-month company internship in France or internationally
- Professional thesis
- Career Path
The Master of Science Banking, Finance and Fintech has evolved in response to the interactions with bankers and Fintech entrepreneurs, and tackles some of the key issues in those sectors.
Thanks to its unique and rounded approach, students become experts in finance, banking and technology while cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset. While traditional banks have struggled to address the needs of SMEs, FinTechs have successfully penetrated this segment, creating many job opportunities along the way for future graduates. For all these reasons, this programme will put you on a fast track to employment in all aspects of Banking, Finance, or for an entrepreneurial role in technology startups.
Career opportunities after the Fintech course
General information about the employment market: FinTech uses technology to meet the needs of clients working in Finance and Banking. The industry’s purpose is making optimum use of technology so that it guarantees a more efficient service than traditional approaches to banking. While there are fewer jobs available in traditional Banking institutions, FinTech start-ups are growing. In just one year, the Joblift study revealed an average 14.1% monthly increase in FinTech jobs in France.
Examples of positions: Digital banking Project Manager, Product Manager at a Fintech, Financial Analyst at an investment bank, Corporate Analyst in a multinational, Financial Services startups Consultant at a professional services firm, SME Client Relationship Manager at a Fintech or Retail Bank
Employment data for 2019, 2020 and 2021 graduates (based on the 2022 employability survey):
- 96% net employment rate
- 80% in executive employment
- 93% on permanent contracts
- 32% work internationally
- 77% of students in employment found a job before graduating; 100% of graduates in employment found a job within 2 months
- 95% satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary including bonuses in similar roles : €52.800
Example of companies where our graduates work: Mondelez International, Kantarmedia, Procter&Gamble, Thalès, Vivendi, Accor, BNP Paribas, KPMG, PwC.
Admission sessions throughout the year depending on available places
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Diploma or student certificate for the current year
- High school transcripts or transcripts for the two years following the Baccalaureate
- Language level certificate according to profile
Application fees: €50
This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent).
- First-year tuition fees: €10,000
- Second-year tuition fees – MSc® Banking, Finance and Fintech: €19,900
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.