MSc International Logistics and Port Management
Logistics management course
The MSc International Logistics and Port Management aims to equip students with skills in all roles linked to the overall management of logistics flows, to organising international transport and to managing transport hub facilities such as port terminals.
Accredited by the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles and internationally recognised 5-year degree by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
24th in National and 15th in International Eduniversal rankings
Why a Master of Science in Logistics?
- Designing and implementing optimum solutions in shipping.
- Acquiring expertise in the organisation, management and satisfaction of national and international operators’ needs.
- Knowing and mastering the tools required for one’s actions.
The logistics management course assets
- Lectures given entirely in English, while residing in France in an international context
- Lectures from experts with international reputations, from a wide range of countries and cultures
- A professionalising programme: 2 business case competitions, internship 4 to 6 months and professional thesis
- A campus in the heart of an international logistics hub (Le Havre, 1st French Port for External Trade)
- The IPER (Institut Portuaire d’Enseignement et de Recherche) offers Shipping and Port expertise
- A cohort of a manageable size and close individual monitoring
The MSc International Logistics and Port Management programme provides a comprehensive set of knowledge to succeed in this dynamic industry.
- Supply Chain Fundamentals
- Process Engineering
- SAP Software
- Mastering in Excel
- Operations Management
- Total Quality Management
- Supply Chain Audit
- Strategic Procurement
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Cost and Revenue Management
- Responsible and Competitive Supply Chain Management
- Low Carbon Logistics
- Research Methodology
- Business Case Competition
- Career Path
- Contemporary Issues in International Trade
- Legal Aspects of Logistics
- Risk and Security Management
- Maritime Transport
- Multimodal Transport
- Shipping Business Strategy
- Port Logistics and Community
- Data Management for International Transport
- Logistics Simulation
- SAP Project
- Professional Techniques
- Conflict Management
- Business Case Competition
- Career Path
- 2 Business Case Competitions
- Internship 4 to 6 months
- Professional thesis
The MSc International Logistics and Port Management has been developed to provide knowledge and competence in logistics management and transportation processes. The teaching approach integrates a Business Case Challenge, a professional escape game and other simulations tenders based on digital tools making it possible to consider both
economic and ecological aspects in a region which is home to the first port of France and which has a gained international recognition.
- Students who hold a four-year bachelor degree or equivalent will join the 1-year MSc.
- Students who hold a three-year bachelor degree or equivalent will join the 2-year MSc.
No English language test score is required for students holding a degree from an English-speaking university. For other applicants, language requirements are: TOEIC 790, IELTS 6, TOEFL 83.
- Application files submitted are reviewed with special attention paid to the seriousness of the file and the quality of the academic and/or professional profile.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview via Skype. This interview helps clarify the applicants profile, their projects, their objectives. The final admission decision (offered or denied admission) is communicated a few days after this interview.
- Admitted candidates are notified formally and invited to make a down payment, later on deducted from the tuition fees. This initial payment confirms the candidate’s seat in the programme and an unconditional letter of admission is then issued.
General information about the employment market
The logistics industry is dynamic and operating smoothly. Currently responsible for over 2 million jobs in France, the market is set to expand by around 1.5% per year. The constant growth of e-commerce supported by new technologies, related consumer habits and the impact of big data are creating change and causing companies, particularly in industry, to rethink how they are organised and how their systems operate. New skills such as interdisciplinary expertise are expected, with more capacity to progress in an international and multicultural environment where mobility and the ability to bring together virtual teams are the keys to success.
Prospects are numerous in industrial organisations, logistics and service firms, as well as humanitarian agencies:
- Container Fleet Manager
- International Transport Coordinator
- Port Safety Consultant
- Combined Transport Flow Manager
- Port Operations Officer
- Marine Berth Planner
- Supply Officer
- Project Engineer in Logistics
- Operational Cost Manager
- International Customer Relationship Manager
Employment data for 2019, 2020 and 2021 graduates (based on the 2022 employability survey):
- 95% net employment rate
- 100% on permanent contracts
- 25% work internationally
- 71% of students in employment found a job before graduating
- 100% of graduates in employment found a job within 6 months
- 86% satisfied with their first job
- Average gross annual salary including bonuses in similar roles : €40.500
Examples of companies where our graduates work
- Naviland Cargo
- Naval Group
Admission sessions throughout the year depending on available places
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Diploma or student certificate for the current year
- High school transcripts or transcripts for the two years following the Baccalaureate
- Language level certificate according to profile
Application fees: €50
This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent).
- First-year tuition fees: €10,000
- Second-year tuition fees – MSc® International Logistics and Port Management: €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.