MSc Financial Data Management
About the data management course
Through a teaching approach based on case simulations solved using software, acquire an expertise in Finance and use database and predictive tools, as well as manage multidisciplinary teams.
The programme offers future graduates a solid knowledge both in core principles in Management and Business Finance, as well as in Digital Transformation, terminologies, and tools (Big Data/AI, Python/R coding, Project management). As performance is also measured on
social and societal standards, a key part of the programme is devoted to developing soft skills competencies such as emotional intelligence and working in multidisciplinary team.
Recognised 5-year degree by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
- 100% English-taught programme
- Lecturers/professionals with internationally recognised academic backgrounds
- A course that delivers sound professional experience through in-company immersive assignments such as: Internship or Consulting challenge/ missions (teamwork), Advanced Finance Business game/Bootcamp, case studies, etc.
- EM Normandie Business School is authorised by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research to deliver a 5-year degree for this programme (Diplôme d’Etudes Spécialisées en Management International)
- Case studies:
– Digital Transformation and Data Management
– Evolution of Key Corporate Information Systems
– Data Governance and Architecture
- Data Security – Blockchain
- Data Ethics and Law
- Leading a Digital Project
- Coding in Python
- Accounts consolidation techniques and IFRS
- Financial markets, selecting investments and funding modes: time value of money, risks and firm valuation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- The four financial statements: B/S, P&L, retained earnings, cash flow
- Financial analysis, using ratios to make business decisions
- Financial assets valuation: time and value, interest rates, capital markets and pricing of risks, optimal portfolio and the CAPM stocks valuation
- Financial stakes of M&A
- Business planning, strategic decision making and financial simulation.
- Business game: 10 year micro economic model, 10 teams in competition
- Statistics applied to Finance
- Bootcamps :
– Performance modeling, analysis and forecast, build a dashboard
– How to select relevant data and build Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Management and Business Strategy
- Risk Strategy and Management: Corporate risk, Financial risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, ESG and sustainibility,…
- Effective Corporate Communication
- Media and Economy
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams and communication
- Cases in ethical and sustainable development
- Change management and organisational transformation
- Critical issues in management
- Leading in multicultural environments
- Digital disruption and industry 4.0
- Challenge and missions
- Career and job search tools
- Professional thesis
Master in Management
I’m Lvye, but you can call me Alice. I am from China and now I live in Caen. Currently, I am about to finish my Master’s degree in Caen and soon I will need to go to Paris for my internship.
What are your career perspectives here?
Now that I have polished my skills, I would say I will humbly go back to my sphere, which is BDs and sales, and do what I am already good at, and make it even better.
As for vocation, since I have an international concept of the company or work, actually I don’t really make sure or don’t set myself in a frame that says I need to be in China or I need to be in France, because I know that what I’m going to serve is going to be international, so I don’t want to frame myself.
Currently, I am doing a 6-month internship in Paris and we’ll see what happens after that.
Career opportunities after the data management course
General information about the employment market:
All companies, from Startups to multinationals, are considering to have already initiated or are currently finalising a digital shift for their Financial Service. All industries are impacted, with no exceptions, providing many job opportunities to graduates.
Example of positions: Business Analyst, Financial Controller, Consultant, Auditor, Cash Manager,
Credit Manager, Performance Manager, Risk Manager, Data Manager,…
Example of companies where our graduates work:
Banks, EY, PSA, PWC, Porsche, Unilever,…
Employment data for 2021 graduates (based on the 2022 employability survey):
100% net employment rate
85% in executive employment
92% on permanent contracts
60% of students in employment found a job before graduating
100% of graduates in employment found a job within 6 months
100% satisfied with their first job
Average gross annual salary including bonuses in similar roles: €42.550
Candidates must hold a four-year degree in Higher Education (4-year Bachelor Degree, BBA, Master 1, or equivalent). Other profiles may be accepted in derogation from these criteria.
Language requirements for non-English-native speakers: IELTS 6, TOEIC 790, TOEFL IBT 83 or proof that English was the candidate’s language of study or work for at least a year.
Admission sessions throughout the year depending on available places
- Motivation letter
- Copy of passport
- Diploma or student certificate for the current year
- High school transcripts or transcripts for the two years following the Baccalaureate
- Language level certificate according to profile
Application fees: €50
This programme is also available over two years for candidates who hold a three-year in Higher Education level (3-year Bachelor Degree, BMI, licence, or equivalent).
- First-year tuition fees: €10,000
- Second-year tuition fees – MSc® Financial Data Management: €14,500
Tuition fees include the membership fee for EM Normandie Alumni Association, which gives you access to all services and a life membership.